Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Free Fallin'


Rory & I are hungry.
We decide to go on a quest for cheap food (considering he's broke so I'm paying)
We decide we want
BBQ because everyone is BBQing (because it's memorial day)
So...we go to this little place called Rosy's BBQ. But it's expen$ive. So we leave.

This is where the story starts...


We walk through the parking lot back to our cars and decide that we want to try
Marie Callendars. I had no idea that it was a restaurant, I thought they just sold pies! So...we go there and sit down, and then decide it's a little out of the price range because we're poor bastards. So we leave. On the way out...there is a girl with cleaning spray by the door and a middle aged woman exiting. The woman turns to the employee girl and says,

"By the way...you're bathrooms are very dirty",
to which the girl replies, "Oh okay sorry about that, I'll be sure and clean it".

I give the employee girl a sympathetic smile for the woman's rudeness, and start to walk out with Rory. She looks at me again and exclaims,

"I'm mad at you!"

...?...

I glance around as she returns inside of the building. I'm slightly puzzled?
I ask Rory if she was talking to me, and he is just as puzzled as I am.
I walk back into the restaurant and ask her, "You're mad at ME?"
She tells me that she's mad at me because I didn't go to prom with her friend Holly, but then after I said no, I showed up playing in the band. (Jewel & Blaire - See last post)

I thought this was ironic and I politely explained that I called Holly 3 times, and she simply told me that she didn't want to go. Ironically after that, I got asked to play as a temporary sub for J&B because their bass player peaced out without a word. It was a pretty crazy situation :)

The employee girl starts to walk away. Slightly offended, I ask, "Do you have to go?"
She says yes, and I say, "Okay, bye."

I walk out with Rory and explain my irritation for ignorant, dramatic, dumbhoes, as such. We climb into his mighty van of sex, and continue our quest for grubbage. Johnny calls us and says he is at the mall, which is right next to us. We meet him there and catch up with some old friends. Weird thing was, for some reason...I saw LOTS of old friends in that next 20 min. It was crazy.

Rory & I continue to find food, and we end up just going to Wendy's. We eat a mighty meal and talk about life. Johnny meets up with us and we hang out for a while until Rory has to leave. Johnny and I then go on a series of adventures searching for Arby's, breaking into Albertsons in search of a BofA, Johnny talking to his girlfriend and spelling her name wrong, and giving $10 to a (hopefully) needy stranger. We had a great time.

Johnny takes me back to my car, and it is now 12:45 PM.
All the shops around are closed (Reseda &Devonshire)
And all the lights are off, but for some reason, music is still playing.
John uses this as an opportunity to dance around the square plaza.
I follow, and we eventually come to a circular fountain.
We jump on it and Johnny says, "Dude...lets jump to the middle."
My stupid self says, "Okay!"

Johnny jumps from the outer perimeter of this fountain to the inner circle.
The inner circle is higher up and surrounded by water, which flows downward when the fountain is turned on. He makes it and encourages me to jump.

I survey the distance...and jump.
I survey was a failure.

I smash my shin on the side of the fountain wall, and land hard, halfway on my other leg and stomach. I am soaked, disoriented, and in pain. In my mind...I FULLY believed I had made the jump...until I felt freezing cold water hit me. Johnny stares at me and says something like, "DUDE!!!!!"
It was memorable.
I jump back eventually...and drive home with the heat on.

I have a massive bruise on my left thigh and a huge bump on my right shin.
Walking was challenging today, but it's healing rather quickly.

Just thought I'd share that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment