Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spur Of The Moment


Today was a really great day. Wednesday, it was our "Senior Trip" to Santa Barbara. I wasn't allowed to go (what a surprise!). So basically, they told me,

"Nick, do NOT show up at the train station tomorrow". So...

I didn't show up at the train station :)
I woke up at 10:30, showered, got in my car, filled her up, and drove 85 miles to Santa Barbara City Line. On the way, I avoided 2 accidents and 2 tickets going 90mph, picked up my boy Johnny, and raided the streets of SB where my entire senior class was lurking. We got many cheers and shouts of joyful defiance and somehow, not ONE of the administrators saw me :) (that I know of). Honestly, I don't think they would do much if they did. It was a very laid back day and no one really cared about anything. But this is only part of the reason why today was so good.

The drive there & back from Santa Barbara is probably one of the most beautiful drives I've ever taken. Following the coast and the hills through Carpenteria...it was incredible. You really should try it if you haven't. I really had a great opportunity just to admire the Lords creation and take in summer & senioritis all over again.

On top of that...
I get home and look in my mailbox to find a $125 check.
You guys have no idea how this made me feel.
Picture a heavenly golden genie descending from the sky,
and saying to you,

"Hey you're the coolest person on Earth!
We took a vote in heaven.

Can't wait to see you there in a very LONG time!
P.S. You never have to pay taxes again!".


That's pretty much how it felt.
Haha well, a little different, but still amazing.

In other news...I sent out all my graduation announcements and
I got a few from some old friends too. One of my good old friends Kevin sent me one and he looked SO different. I wouldn't even of recognized him...in fact...he looked Mexican. He's German, but he totally looked Mexican. It was insane.

Also today...probably one of the more crazier things. I'm driving with John in my passenger seat. Out of NOWHERE...a HUGE golden retriever is RUNNING into the middle of the road...RIGHT in front of my car. To the left...is oncoming traffic. To the right...is an older man with his wife on a tiny yellow motorcycle. Straight ahead...is this huge golden puppy. I JAM on my breaks and maneuver just in time to go around the dog without hitting the couple on the motorcycle. I literally had inches between both. It was so intense...I can't even describe. Afterward, John applauded me for a good 60 seconds and the man on the bike threw me a big thumbs up. Though not the first time I've been put into a life threatening situation behind the wheel, it was still an epic experience :) Someone needs to keep a hold on their doggy though.

To top everything off...on my way back from Santa Barbara...
I passed 2 ACCO trucks, 1 huge SEES CANDY truck, and 1 beautiful red Firebird what was probably the most beautiful car I have ever seen in my entire life...
No jokes.

That was my day :)
Pretty crazy
Now...to go type essays!

Sincerely,
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment