Monday, March 15, 2010

Dr. Kline to the O.R.



All is fair in love and war... 

I can't seem to figure out what is more disappointing...the disparity of this phrase or the truth in it.  Maybe a combination of both.  I suppose the human heart in comparison with the human mind tends to react upon irrationality, but in my opinion, the reaction itself is quite rational.  IF all is truly fair in both love and war...than what options are irrational?  I guess the reality surfaces when we understand that not all things are symmetrical.  Nothing in life is truly balanced.  Though all is fair in love and war...love and war are simply not fair.  War is a sorry and bloody excuse to demand resolve and carry out decisions.  What happened to the day when we used to slap our children on the wrists and tell them to share?  Do none of us have mirrors in our homes?  Love on the flip side, is a sorry and bloody excuse to make two individuals happy.  It's funny how love seems to make two individuals miserable...sometimes more than two.  Sometimes love is it's own business of misery.

See Also: 
- Heart Disease
- Myocardio Infraction
- Cardiomyopathy, Etc.
Disease isn't the right word...
But it is the first word that comes to mind...


Though, with this phrase isn't all pessimism.  I understand the idea that love and war, though unfair, are essential.  Life cannot ever run in fairness when we are created as individuals.  Think about what you just read...re-read it.  If we thought about others as much as ourselves then this world would be bearable.  Problem is...in the midst of child birth, we all come with an out of order sticker.  We are all defective.  We were made with the ability to understand and comprehend...but the disability to always react upon them.  The same people that cry for disaster are the last ones who will benefit it.  I'm sorry humanity, but your tears are never enough.  They never will be.  But the saddest thing is, there is no warranty, refund, or return address.  We can't ship ourselves back.  We cannot re-create.  We cannot get reimbursed.  We can only try to slowly fix ourselves over time by hurting one another.  What a sad reality.  But this reality is why we are given something like love in the first place.  It is a chance to see that though we are unable to fulfill...we can be fulfilled.  Sacrifice and selflessness carries us.  It's funny how our natural instinct is to live for ourselves, when we can only survive by living for another.  We were most assuredly made defective, but at least a few of us are awarded intelligence to see this.  Happiness isn't an item, but a product.  By product, I mean result.  We can't own it or wait for it.  It's free at its own price.  But it too, is defective.

See Also: 
- Intercranial Disorder
- Cerebrovascular Hemorrhaging
- Neuroleptic Malignancy, Etc.
Deficiency isn't the right word...
But it is the first word that comes to mind...


Sometimes the god-complex inside myself tells me that I can do it.  That doesn't mean that I always can, but why would it mean I shouldn't try?  There are so many things inside of me that so many people don't know, and don't understand.  There are things that I have taken on that not many people have had to.  With all objectivity and negating any cliche, I am ready for operation.  My hands are washed and gloves are on.  This isn't my first procedure but why condemn the possibility that it may be my last?  My last patient ever.  That phrase clearly means they lived...because I will not stop until I am successful in one way or another.  I have to admit in all fairness that I have lost patients in the past, and the blood was on my hands, however I would not be lying to you when I say that I have saved, preserved, and loved.  Some of my finest work was with the deepest open heart operation I have ever performed, and I am proud to say that they were in one hell of a condition when they were admitted.  A bit overdue, a bit out of my league, but sufficient all the same.  My hospital is very particular with it's patients; I am the fucking House of it all, and believe me baby, my vision is X-Ray.  I can see straight through.  Fate has a way of guiding the paths of all people.   

See Also: ...
There are too many words that come to mind. 


Amnesia, denial, pride, sadness, motivation, self-worth, mis-communication...just stop.  This is like a Citizen Cope song playing in my head on repeat.  The TRUTH is...I am my own patient.  I am just as injured and hopeless as anyone else.  I have my share of unimaginable and unbearable.  No one sees the inside until you make an effort to LOOK.  Sometimes things seem too big for the fixing.  Sometimes things seem too overwhelming or impossible.  One message: Things always seem.  Places seem too far, but we still travel.  Items seem too expensive, but we still buy.  Happiness may seem impossible, but we still chase it.  Don't stop chasing it.  Don't let others stop you, and don't you dare let yourself stop you.  What is life without the chase?  Love and war both seem unfair.  I think we can agree that 'seem' is an understatement.  War is an unstoppable force of human kind.  Love is a plea for acceptance.  If we cannot stop war, let us at least give and seek love.  We are ALL insane.  We are all fucked up beyond repair.  We are all deficient.  We are all self made disasters.  But we are all our own doctors...as well as each others.  We all possess the power to re-create.  I may not have the words to say or the reasons why...but I have love.  I have patience.  I have acceptance and willingness to move forward.  One thing I do not have is my attention...it was stolen a long time ago.  What I see is not broken, damaged, or fucked up.  What I see is beyond beautiful. 
Just let me listen to your heartbeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment