Thursday, April 29, 2010

Who's Gonna Save My Soul Now?




On game shows, some people will take the trip to France, 
but most will take the washer and dryer pair.  
When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?
When we don't know who to hate, we hate ourselves.  
Nothing of me is original, 
I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.  
The one you love and the one who loves you,
Are never, ever the same person. 

And I'll let the wind carry my postcard off into the city.
This is my worst fears and my future, on this postcard.
An updraft carries it through the air.  
At this rate, we'll never get to the future.

-- Bubba-Joan/Brandy Alexander/Seth Thomas/Alfa Romeo/Chuck Palanuik

Give me remembrance.
Flash.
Give me dreams.
Flash.
Give me pity.
Flash.
Give me a chance...
Fade to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment