Friday, April 16, 2010

Cookie Jar.



I've done it again.
Put my hand in the cookie jar when I knew I shouldn't have.
Nick, what are you thinking?
Some things are so addicting.  No...not addicting.  Just tempting.
  Some tastes linger on the lips longer than others.
Some feelings just pressure the heart more than it can handle.
Sometimes.
Ugh...
Decisions, decisions.
How do you make an indefinite or unsure decision?  I guess you can't.
You wait for an answer.  I guess that works.
I have all the time in the world.

Quite honestly though.
Maybe my summer jet-lag will bring clarity of everything.
I'm sure it will.
Los Angeles to Virginia to Oregon...
To Wisconsin to Las Vegas to China...
To Beijing to Shanghai to God only knows...
To the moon and back.
East coast - West coast
New York...LA...hey man...
You know it's all the same.
All the cities of the world...
Say a prayer for me.

Long distance travels always seem to bring some kind of clarity...
Don't they?
But I fear the misconception of clarity vs. distortion.
Should be fine... 
I know myself just fine.   
Everything is going to be alright.    

I just know it.
In August, I'll be financially stable for a moment.
Clueless on American soil.
Ready for school.  Ready for work.  Ready for life all over again.
Out of debt, full of optimism, running on empty, like always.
Ready to learn.  Ready to achieve.
Ready to move, location as well as mountains.
Ready to build an empire.

This is only the beginning.
Nick, what would your father say?  Don't sweat the small stuff.  
It's not worth my time and energy.
I have too little time and too much energy.
I won't let it waste away like a fool.
Not to mention...
Too much big stuff that deserves my focus.
That requires my focus and responsibility.
But those damn cookies...  It feels that they are biting me.
What irony.  What a catch-22.  They are delicious.
But they don't last.  Could they?  How could they...
Not like this they can't.  I guess we'll just have to find out.
I guess that works.   

I have all the time in the world.   

 Quite honestly though...   don't I?


What me?
Yes you..
Couldn't be...
Then who?

No comments:

Post a Comment